Monday, March 31, 2008

Easter with Nana, Papa, and Uncle Sean

My parents, along with my younger brother, Sean, came in town for Easter, and we had a great weekend, despite the fact that it snowed on Easter Sunday! Our next move definitely needs to be somewhere warmer! Elle took to Papa (my dad) right away on Friday and even took a nap in his lap. She also loved dancing with Nana (my mom) and thought Uncle Sean was too funny. My mom and I did lots of shopping, and it was nice to spend some time with her, since we usually only get to talk on the phone. On Saturday, we had a late-mini-birthday celebration for my dad, and Elle became his best buddy again when he shared his dessert with her!Elle didn't sleep well the night before Easter and seemed to have a fever (we later found out she had and ear infection), but she still enjoyed following her Fruity Cheerios trail (my family always did jellybean trails growing up, but I used these instead, since she's too young for jellybeans) to her Easter basket and finding Easter eggs "hidden" in the living room (although once she found the first two, we had to greatly encourage her to keep looking for them!). We left the trail out most of the day, so she loved running into the living room and grabbing a few Cheerios at a time. Her Easter eggs were filled with marshmallows and Teddy Grahams, since she's too young for real candy, and to this day, if she finds an Easter egg around the house, she quickly brings it to me and says, "more," to let me know she wants me to refill it with Teddy Grahams. We went to mass together after the Easter egg hunt and had a nice Easter dinner (even though my mom and I both felt nauseated). The only bad part of the weekend: my mom and I didn't get pictures in our new Easter dresses (by the way, thanks again, Mom, for my new dress!). We didn't have time for pictures before mass, and Elle fell asleep on the way home from mass, since she wasn't feeling well. By the time I came downstairs, everyone had changed clothes already! Hope everyone else had a happy Easter too!

No comments: