Monday, March 30, 2009

Elle's Half-Birthday

When I was a kid, my mom always celebrated our half-birthdays with us, and it was such a fun tradition, I knew I wanted to do it with my kids. So, yesterday, we had a little party for Elle's half-birthday--my big girl is now 2 1/2!. We had her favorite meal, pizza, along with a half-pink-cake (she picked this out). She chose some Handy Manny plates, so we did a few things along that theme, and we also played two of her favorite games--Elefun and parachute. She has a few dollar store presents and some things sent from Nana. Her friend, Coral (and Coral's parents), joined us for the fun, and Elle absolutely loved it! She was a lot more excited about this than her actual 2nd birthday, since she understands a lot more now. Here are some pics from the evening:

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

What an awesome tradition!! I can't imagine how your family was able to keep up with that, but thank goodness they did. Your girls are so blessed to have such amazing parents. Thank you guys so much for checking on us, we so wish you could have stopped by on your way to nashville. Hopefully we can make plans soon to meet up and introduce you to the girls. Take care.
Matt & Steph