Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Visit from Nana


As most of you already know, I was put on bed rest a few weeks ago. Luckily everything seems to be fine now, and I have been upgraded to decreased activity (meaning I can't exercise, walk for long periods, do vigorous cleaning, etc.) for the rest of the pregnancy, as long as I have no more symptoms of preterm labor! When I got put on bed rest, my mom really came through for me and booked the first flight she could to come help. It was soo nice to have her here! She helped organize and clean so many areas of my house and helped me get the baby clothes washed and put away, and I feel much better about being ready for this baby to arrive. I know Kyle didn't want her to leave!

Elle has been pretty shy about most of her relatives thus far, since she takes a while to warm up to people, and she doesn't see them very often, but this visit, she fell in love with Nana! I think part of it is that, since she is my mom and all, we do a lot of the same things with kids, and so Nana felt comfortable to her, and Elle had a blast singing, dancing, and creating with her Nana. One of my favorite memories from the visit was watching Elle dance in the mirror in my mom's room until 11 pm one night (she did NOT want to go to bed and loved entertaining Nana!). Elle cried when we dropped my mom off at the airport, and I'm sure she will be excited to see her next time. For days afterwards, Elle would say, "Bye, Nana," when we left the house, or try to hand invisible Nana a bean bag to join in a song. Even a few days ago, as we walked up the stairs to go to bed, she waved toward the guest room and said, "Night, night, Nana," and kept walking as if it was totally normal. She's too funny! I hope the Elle can develop this close relationship with all her grandparents!

No comments: