Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy 6 months to Ava!

I'm a little late in getting this on the blog, but I wrote this for my baby girl to remember her at 6 months--love her!








My sweet, baby Ava,
You have been in our family for 6 months already, and still you amaze me every day. I have enjoyed each of my girls as babies, but you are my third little girl and I know in my heart how quickly these moments pass, how newborn grunts and stretches turn all too soon into baby screeches and gummy grins. And I know that you will be toddling and talking in what will seem like minutes, so I have been soaking every one of your easy and beautiful smiles, every cute laugh, and every single time you cry just because you want your mommy. We have called you sweet baby Ava from the beginning, and you have certainly lived up to this name; you are the sweetest baby, rarely crying unless you are tired or hungry (although you have just developed some separation anxiety, so you do want your mommy a lot, which is fine by me!) and smiling at everyone you meet. You have fit in with our family so well that I can barely remember a time without you here, even though it's only been 6 months since you arrived. You are babbling and screeching, though you are still our quietest baby so far, and you can already sit up for a few seconds on your own. You like to roll, but you spend very little time on the ground, so you are not on the move yet, and for that I am thankful. You are very grabby and very coordinated with your hands, which makes eating or cooking while holding you more difficult than it was with your sisters. And speaking of your sisters, they are two of your very favorite people. You love to watch them and Elle can almost always make your laugh or smile. You just started playing shy; when people talk to you, you bury your head in my shoulder or chest and then pop back up for a little smile, one of my very favorite phases of babyhood. We have frequently gotten the comment that you are the most beautiful baby people have seen, and I know I am biased, but you are beautiful! You are pretty much my constant companion, since you usually even accompany me and your daddy on date nights, and even then, you are (as we often call you), "the best baby ever". Though I know time passes too quickly, I look forward to watching you grow and seeing your personality develop, but you will always be my sweet baby Ava.
Love,
Mommy

No comments: