Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Daddy-Daughter Date

Kyle took the girls for a special dinner-date at Chick-fil-a this evening, and they couldn't have been more excited. I bathed them this afternoon, and they insisted on putting on "fancy dresses" immediately when they got out, even though it was over 2 hours before they were supposed to leave. Elle chose a fancy red dress and would not be persuaded to pick anything else, and since there was a matching dress for Lauren in the closet, she talked Lauren into picking the fancy red dress too. Once they were all dressed, Elle said, "Mommy, daddy's going to be soo happy when he sees us!" And I told her he certainly would. They twirled around and around and we talked about how fun it was that their dresses made swishing noises when they walked. How fun is it to be a little girl! When we were heading downstairs, I overheard Elle telling Lauren, "Lauren, look we have on the same dress! W'e're twinsies! This is the best day ever!" I love that girl's enthusiasm.

Since it was a special date, Elle informed me that she needed a purse, so we looked through the dress-up stuff and found each girl a purse and some jewelry to fill it. Lauren then told me, "Mommy, I need a phone for my purse!" So, we added that too. They, of course, also needed headgear, so Lauren added a crown and Elle added a flower headband. I love these pictures of them doing their best poses:






Once Daddy got home, I think they only asked him if it was time to go about a hundred times, and Lauren informed me, "Mommy, you and Ava stay here! It's just us!" But, they did make sure to give me multiple hugs and kisses before they left. I can't wait to hear all about their date, and I love that these girls adore their daddy!



1 comment:

Shea Geisbert said...

This is so cute, Amanda! Boys are sooo different, but still fun in their own way :) But I seriously can't wait to have a baby girl for Eric to adore. I hope you guys are well. Our kids are growing up too fast!