Monday, May 16, 2011

Pardon the excessive amount of pictures...Elle's first recital!


Elle had her ballet/tap recital yesterday, and we were so proud of her. She got right up on stage and danced her whole routine; she wasn't shy at all! Her class did a tap dance ("Teach me How to Shimmy"), and they got a lot of cheering from the crowd, since it was in the midst of slower ballet dances, and her whole class really got into it. Both Elle and Lauren loved watching all the other dances as well, so I definitely think more dance classes are in our future. Kyle's mom came in town to see the recital, and Elle was so excited to have her Mimi there to watch.

When I asked Elle last night what her favorite part of the day was, she replied that it was getting her ballet trophy (all the dancers in the recital got one). I wondered why she didn't say dancing on stage, but she said she liked that too. She just liked getting the trophy more. Who knew that's all it took to impress her?!? She told me, "Mommy, I'm going to put this trophy right on the dresser in my room, so Lauren can see it!" There might be some dancing competition in our future as well between the sisters!












Anyway, here's the youtube video of Elle's dress rehearsal (we couldn't video tape during the actual recital), and excuse the camera jerks at certain points; I was holding Ava and she kept managing to get a hold of the camera strap!






No comments: