Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My Christmas present has finally arrived...

When Kyle asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year, the one thing I could think of was not clothes or shoes or a new books, but a bookshelf to organize Elle's toys. This is how I know I'm getting old--I'm excited about a bookshelf! We found the perfect one over Christmas, but we couldn't fit it in our car, so Kyle's mom brought it to us this weekend when she came to visit. And, I love it! We've turned our dining room into an office/playroom for Elle (since we don't have a dining room table anyway), and after having random toys lining the wall for a few months, I really wanted somewhere to put away all the toys at the end of the day. It may only look like this a few hours each day:


but it makes me soo happy to be able to put everything up when Elle's sleeping! I know I'm turning into my mom--this is what makes me happy--having bins for each kind of toy and being able to organize everything! Before we had Elle, we had always wanted this same bookshelf to put up some modern accessories in our living room, and now, it holds boxes of stuffed animals, dolls, and blocks. It's amazing how things change! Anyway, if you're interested, it's from IKEA. And doesn't it go great with the Rose Petal Cottage?!?!

No comments: