Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Toddler Mysteries

There are so many times I wish I knew what was going through my child's brain. She gets fixated on the strangest things sometimes and I'm so curious as to what she's thinking...
For example, why does she always feel the need to pick up things that are bigger than her (and then is surprised and frustrated when she can't do it, although many times, I'm amazed at what she can pick up)?

And why does she immediately put underwear on her head? I don't what it is about underwear that automatically says, "put me on your head", but apparently it's pretty universal because I've talked with many other mothers who say their kids do the same thing.

And now that she is getting into more and more things in the house, I am amazed by how quickly she can do things. I was getting readying in the morning, so she was playing in my room/bathroom, and I turned around to find this:She kept furiously dragging things into the room to get as many things as possible in there, and she wasn't too happy when I started to take them out. Again, what's she thinking with this one? And why does she now try to do this every time she's in my bathroom? Another time, I turned away for less than a minute to fill out something to put in the mail, and I looked into the kitchen to find this:
She had thrown every plastic bag in the cupboard on the the floor; needless to say, we no longer keep them in a cupboard she can reach. Are children born with the destruction gene? Why does a bin with toys almost always say, "throw me all over the room, please" and rarely say, "put me all in the bin neatly"?

"What mom, don't you think underwear looks best on your head? I don't know why you're so confused?"

Ok, you're right--you're too cute--I guess I'll have to just wait until you can talk!

No comments: