Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sisters

I took these pictures of the girls the other day--Elle was being very sweet to her little sister, Lauren! Lest you think Elle is always this nice, I'll remind you that she is two and definitely has her moments. She's usually great during the day and loves to help with diaper changes, but since Kyle's been working a lot of nights, she's been more jealous in the evenings and keeps asking me to put the "baby down." Yesterday, we were walking around the block, and Elle was pushing her baby doll in her play stroller, while I had Lauren in the sling. All of a sudden, Elle pushed her stroller into the grass and said, "bye, bye baby, bye bye baby," and started to walk away. Every time I tried to get the baby doll and stroller, Elle started to have a major meltdown, so we continued walking toward the house, leaving the baby doll behind. I asked her if she wanted to go back and get the baby, and she quickly replied, "No, no, bye, bye baby." So, if that's not an indication of what she feels about the new baby in the family, I don't know what is! Let's just say she's still adjusting!

And, here's Elle being goofy, as always. Since the baby wears a hat, Elle has decided that she also needs to wear one, and she has also been stealing Lauren's pacifier quite often, although I could never get her to take one as a baby!


No comments: