Monday, December 27, 2010

Some Conversations with Elle recently...


"Mommy, why do we have to get old?"
"That's just the way God made our bodies, Elle. But as you get older, you get to do a lot of fun things that you can't do as a kid."
"No, I mean why do we have to get really old? I don't want to get really old! I want to be able to play on the floor and spin fast forever!"

.....................

"Mommy, I don't want to get old and die!"
"Well, Elle when you die, you get to go to heaven to be with Jesus, and you'll be really happy!"
This went back and forth for a little while and she started to cry, "But Mommy, I don't want to go to heaven! I just want to stay here with you and daddy and Lauren and baby Ava forever! Mommy, can we go to heaven together?"

..................

"Mommy, when we go to heaven to see baby Jesus, can we bring him a present?" "Sure we can, Elle." "Can I share one of the presents I got with him?" "Of course, Elle! Jesus would love it if you shared with him." "Well, he's a baby, so can I get one of baby Ava's toys out of her bin to bring to him?" "Yes, Elle, but remember that baby Jesus isn't a baby anymore; he grew up and died on the cross to save us. We just celebrate his birthday at Christmas, just like we do with your birthday." "Oh, well Mommy, I don't want to get old and die on the cross, so I'll just stay here and send baby Jesus a gift in heaven!"

.................
"Mommy, can we get a picture with baby Jesus? He can sit in the little chair like baby Ava and we can stand behind him and smile!"

No comments: