Monday, March 29, 2010

Elle is 3......and 1/2!

Elle's half-birthday was today, and I think she thoroughly enjoyed her special day. I can't tell you how many time she told me she loved me or thanked me for everything today. It was soo sweet and definitely makes every effort I put into making things special for my girls worth it! We went to visit daddy at work during lunchtime, and then while she was napping (really she was just resting because she rarely naps anymore!), I decorated the table with lots of pink princess decorations I had around the house, mostly leftover from her third birthday in September. Since I spent her rest-time working on decorations, I thought I would just buy a small cake at the grocery store to celebrate that evening. I figured Elle would appreciate the decorations more than a homemade cake, even though I usually always make homemade.

Well, when Elle got up, I told her I had a surprise and showed her the table. She was so cute, and said, "Mommy, I think I love it!" But then after looking at the table she immediately said, "But we forgot to make the cake!" I told her that we could just buy one when we went to the store. She stared at me in disbelief and said, "Mommy, we can't buy a cake! We have to make it!" Who was I to think we could skip having a homemade cake for Elle's half-birthday?!?! Kyle informed me that I created that monster because my daughter has now become a cake snob! Anyway, Elle and I quickly made a cake before dinner and added pink icing and the half-birthday princess was very happy! Although please ignore how horribly the cake is frosted; I had to make and frost the cake as quickly as possibly since both Lauren and Elle were very excited and impatient! Here are some pictures from today:

Elle with her party decorations.


Princess crowns for everyone!


Blowing out the candles--always Elle's favorite part. When I was putting her to bed,
she said, "Mommy, thank you for letting me blow out my candles today!" So cute!


Present time! Elle had returned a few Christmas presents and picked out some things at Walmart in exchange, so I saved them for her half-birthday and it was like she had never seen them before!


Lauren, once the sugar rush hit:


With her favorite present:


After dinner tea party:





No comments: