Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Just some cute pictures and a story...

My girls love to play dress-up, so it's pretty much a daily activity in our house, and they were being particularly goofy the other day, so I got some cute pictures. Elle and Lauren were being soo sweet to Ava too! She loves watching them, and though she's still a little unsure of Lauren sometimes (one too many whacks on the head!), she thinks Elle is hilarious!



Isn't she just the cutest?!? I know I'm biased, but she is the most adorable baby, and it doesn't hurt that she's happy and smiling almost all the time (well, except when I'm trying to take a picture, of course!).


And these pictures of Lauren are so funny because they really show her goofy personality! Kyle keeps saying that she's going to be like Jim Carey when she gets older because she's so good at the facial humor.


And I have to add one little story from yesterday because it really blessed me...Most every night before the girls go to bed, we read from a book called ABC Bible Verse. Basically, it has a short bible verse for the girls to repeat and try to learn and then there's a story that goes with the Bible verse to illustrate what it means. And while Elle is really good at repeating the verses after me, it often seems like she doesn't understand the story or that she's just not listening. Well yesterday, we were in the car driving home from running errands and Elle said, "Mommy, let's talk about our ABC Bible verses!" I told her that was a great idea, so I asked her which one she wanted to talk about (she's never said this before). She replied that she wanted to talk about the B verse. I could not remember what the B verse was and was going through the verses in my mind trying to remember with no luck, but before I could even ask Elle, she said, "Mommy, the B verse is 'Blessed are the peacemakers.'" I was so surprised that she remembered and told her how great that was and said, "Do you know what that verse means, Elle?" She immediately replied, "Yes, it means that if someone wants to play with your toy truck, you share it with them, even if you don't want to or even they're not being nice to you, you be nice to them because that's what God wants you to do." This was amazing to me because this was exactly the story in the book and it had been a while since we read that story! Sometimes, as a parent, you think your kids aren't listening or they're not learning any of the things you're trying to teach them, and it was just one of those moments where you think, "Yes, she's actually getting it!" And if I teach them anything, I want it to be about loving Jesus and following Him, so that definitely made my day.

No comments: